Version 5 is a paid-for upgrade, please click
here to find out
This means that your old SAF code will only work on the old File
Download the latest release of FileExplorer
Version 5.50 Gold
(29 February 2012)
Updated the Demo example and removed
old code and procedures
Added: New callback handling to the
Added: TranslateEventID method to
translate an event ID into a human readable string describing the event
Added all new events to the new event
Added parameter support for all new
events. See the feMedia2.EventCallback
method for more information.
The following events are now supported:
'Open Stated Changed'
'Play State Changed'
'Audio Language Changed'
'End Of Stream'
'Durantion Unit Changed'
'CD ROM Media Changed'
'Current Media Item Available'
'Current Playlist Changed'
'Current Playlist Item Available'
'Curernt Item Changed'
'Media Collection Changed'
'Media Collection Attributes Changed'
'Media Collection Attribute String Removed'
'Playlist Collection Changed'
'Content Scan Added Item'
'Content Scan Progress'
'Search Found Item'
'Playlist Set As Deleted'
'Attribute String Changed'
'Open Playlist Switch'
'String Collection Changed'
Added documentation for parameters for
Added: Before_LoadContent and
After_LoadContent events, which can be trapped in the EventCallback
Version 5.40 Beta
(05 January 2012)
Changed: The feHtmlEditor FAQ section in the
documentation references the old feHtmlEditor class. This has been
updated to the new feEditor class.
Updated: The GetHtml and SetHtml
method documentation has been simplified and new examples added.
Added: Versions of the GetHtml and
SetHtml methods which store and retrieve the HTML to and from BLOB
fields. This allows HTML to be loaded into a BLOB field with a single
line of code:
and to be retrieve from a BLOB and loaded into the editor:
Added: The new GetHtml and SetHtml
methods for BLOBs to the Demo example
Updated: The Demo example to simplify
some of the editor code and better demonstrate using GetHtml and
Version 5.39 Beta
(24 October 2011)
Quick Guides section to the documentation that
covers easily implementing common functionality.
Fixed: Template support for Multi-Proj
adding the correct LIB files
Version 5.38 Beta
(10 August 2011)
Updated: Modified LIB to prevent duplicate
symbol errors in C7.3 and C8 when compiled in LIB mode with OfficeInside
in the same project.
Version 5.37 Beta
(6 June 2011)
Fixed: Compatibility with OfficeInside in
Clarion 8 (resolved duplicate symbol _vtbool error in C8)
Version 5.36 Beta
(24 May 2011)
Fixed: The feEditor Image dialog was missing
the Browse button that allows files to be selected from the local
(19 May 2011)
Updated: The editor has been updated to
support CKEditor 3.6.0.
Fixed: The feEditor.GetHtml() method was
being derived by the template without the return type in the prototype.
Fixed: The ckeditor.js file was damaged in
the previous installer. This resulted in the editor not loading
(13 May 2011)
Updated: The editor has been updated to
support CKEditor 3.5.3.
Please update your editor files to those in
- Added: Additional event handling to
allow the NewPage event to be trapped. When the New Page button is
pressed the TakeEvent method will fire with 'newpage' as the event
- Updated: The Maximize button is no
longer hidden using the DOM, which provides better reliability when
editing the toolbar.
- Updated: Verified the behaviour for
GetHtml and GetText is correct in the latest release when the contents
of the control are deleted (the document is returned as empty, and not
as the contents before the delete was performed).
(5 May 2011)
Fixed: The closedown code generated for the
Editor control was occuring too early when used on an ABC form
procedure, which would cause the editor's Kill method to be called when
the window close event fired but the window was not closed. If the user
cancelled the form close this would result in the editor already having
been killed and a blank control would be displayed.
(4 April 2011)
Updated: The SpellCheck HTML example application which demonstrates spell
checking using OfficeInside:
- Removed old code
- Initial HTML populated into the control to demonstrate the use
of the EditorReady method as well as populating the control for
formatted HTML with a number of spelling errors for spell checking.
- Updated the Editor Files being used by the example
Version 5.30 Beta (28 March 2011)
Added: feMedia.setMode method
Updated: feMedia.getMarkerTime method to return the
marker time more accurately.
Added: feMedia.isReadOnlyItem method.
Added: feMedia.put_name method.
Added: feMedia.setItemInfo method.
Updated: The documentation for the feFlash and feMedia classes.
method. Saves the currently loaded to disk as an HTML file using the
file name specified. Optionally appends to the file rather than
overwriting it (if it exists)
Updated: The feBrowser documentation. Added new methods, improved
Added: New examples using
FileExplorer with OfficeInside:
HtmlSpellCheck - Spell checking HTML using
OfficeInside and the feEditor
WebToDoc - Save a loaded page as a Word Doc
Word to MHT, EML - Save a Word Doc as an MHT
(Web Archive) or EML (MIME format Email) and display the result
Version 5.29 Beta (08 February 2011)
Version 5.28 Beta (13
Version 5.27 Beta (09
- FeFlash.GetSWFHeader - opens the file in Read mode,
to prevent failures when write access to the file is not available (the
method requires only read access to the file).
- The feFile.Save procedures have been modified to
prevent ambiguity in the call
- Fixed the feEditor.Save method saving to the
application folder even when the file was loaded from another location.
- Added a feEditor.fullPath property that contains
the full path and file name of the loaded document.
Version 5.26 Beta (10 May 2010)
- Clarion 7.2 compatibility
- Resolved duplicate symbol error in C7.1 in local (lib) mode for apps
using FileExplorer and OfficeInside.
- Resolved a duplicate symbol error in C7.1 in local mode when using
both the Topspeed and DB4 file drivers and Insight Graphing with
OfficeInside and FileExplorer.
Version 5.25 Beta (04 March 2010)
- feEditor: Added .initialDocument
property. Setting this will load this document when the editor
completely initialisation. Calling Load() before the editor is ready now
sets this property and returns. The document will then be loaded once
the editor has completely loading.
- feEditor: Added support back to the template for the Initial
Document setting. Existing code continues to function exactly as per
- feEditor: Added a Browse option to the Image dialog to allow the
image to be selected from disk. This will be improved further in future
- feEditor: Editing mode now uses the full page by default (rather
than just the body). This can be configured in the feeditor.html by
changing the fullPage setting to true ot false.
- feEditor: The editor no longer inserts a <base> tag to set the base
path. The editor internally sets the base href for relative URLs when a
document is loaded or saved.
- Duplicate symbol errors and compilations issues.
- feEditor: Fixed incorrectly set base path when using the editor,
which was resulting in the base path always being set to the application
(current) directory (note: this functionality has now been superceded).
- feEditor.currentPath missing a slash between the path and file name.
- feEditor loading a blank page after the Save command is used from
- feEditor: When a document was loaded, and then F5 was used to
refresh/reload the browser, the document file name was still stored by
the editor, so using the Save command would save the newly blanked
- feEditor: The <base> tag would be inserted each time a document was
- feEditor: The PreTakeEvent() method is disabled in
HTML Editor Additions
- Introduced the full page editing support (from <html> to
- Introduced the Shared Spaces feature.
- Introduced the new powerful pasting system and word cleanup
procedure, including enhancements to the paste as plain text
- Introduced the new native PHP API, the first standardized server
- Added CKEditor plugin for jQuery.
- Added 'div' dialog and corresponding context menu options.
- Added the table merging tools and corresponding context menu
- Added the email protection option for link dialog.
- Added inline CSS support in all places where custom stylesheet
- Added color dialog for 'more color' option in color buttons.
- Added the 'showborder' plugin.
- Make the anti-cache query string configurable.
- Added the 'htmlEncodeOutput' config option.
- Introduced the bodyId and bodyClass settings to specify the id
and class. to be used in the editing area at runtime.
- Introduced the baseHref setting so it's possible to set the URL
to be used to resolve absolute and relative URLs in the contents.
- Added support to fake elements for comments.
HTML Editor Fixes
- Fixed invalid link is requested in image preview.
- Fixed toolbar separator line along side combo enlarging the
- Fixed image re-size lock buttons aren't accessible in
- Fixed editing tables using table properties dialog overwrites
original style values.
- Fixed 'wysiwyg' mode causes unauthenticated content warnings
over SSL in FF 3.5.
- Fixed open context menu in IE throws js error when focus is not
- Fixed applying 'Headers' to existing table does not work in IE.
- Fixed unexpected margin style left behind on content cleaning up
- Fixed paste nested list from MS-Word with measurement units set
to cm is broken.
- Fixed unable to undo pre-formatted style.
- Fixed paste plain text result incorrect when content from
- Fixed unable to undo 'New Page' command after typing inside
- Fixed table alignment style is not properly represented by the
- Fixed switching mode when maximized is showing background page
Version 5.23 Beta (29 January 2010)
New EmailHtml Example (requires NetTalk)
This demonstrates loading and HTML from disk using the feFile class;
embedding images using feEditor; automatically creating a text version (the
example uses NetWebClient, however the feBrowser class provides an excellent
option for doing this); and of course, sending the email with the HTML part,
text part, and any local images embedded. Requires NetTalk for email
- New Explorer example.
This example demonstrates how to build Windows Explorer into a
window within your application. It supports navigation of the file
system, copying and pasting files, renaming etc. It also allows dragging
and dropping of files into your Clarion application and so on.
- New: Cleaned up the toolbar, removed extraneous options and reduced
the space required.
- New: New section in the docs describing toolbar customisation, how
to switch between toolbars, and further information on customising the
- New: Added a full and minimal toolbar to the feeditor file. The
toolbar can be easily customised, and the different toolbars can be
switched between without recompiling the application (or even restarting
it, simply close the window that contains the editor and open it again).
This process is described in the
- Fixed: Assert statements incorrectly firing for some versions of
- Fixed: the feEditor.GetText() method only returning the first
Version 5.23 Beta (18 January 2010)
- Built and tested in Clarion 5.5 Local and Standalone modes, and
tested for regressions.
- Built and tested in Clarion 6 Local and Standalone, and tested for
- Built and tested in Clarion 7.0 Local and Standalone modes, tested
- Built and tested in Clarion 7.1 Local and Standalone modes, tested
- Tested the new HTML Editor in Legacy.
Version 5.22 Beta (08 January 2010)
- Cleaned up documentation on distribution and required files.
- Removed the deprecated and undocumented feStorage class. This has
been deprecated since FileExplorer 3.
- Fixed a bug in the template that was hiding the "initial document"
template prompt except when the feEditor was used. This has been
corrected and the prompt is now available for all classes except the
feEditor. To load a document when the editor loads use the provided
EditorReady() method embed and call the Load() method to load from file,
or SetHtml() to load from memory.
- Fixed a problem with the template linking the incorrect files in
Clarion 7.1, causing compile errors in Local (EXE mode). Standalone
(DLL) Mode is unaffected.
- Fixed a missing LIB file in the C7.1 distribution (not required for
prior versions of Clarion).
- Cleaned up example documentation.
- Removed deprecated sections of the docs that no longer apply.
- Fixed Clarion 7.1 compile error relating to the Topspeed driver being
required (only the DOS file drive is required, and is included by the
Version 5.21 Beta (04 January 2010)
- Clarion 7.1 Compatibility release.
Version 5.20 Beta (31 December 2009)
New: New CKEditor. The underlying editor used by
FileExplorer has been updated to the latest CKEditor (formerly
FCKEditor) version 3. The new editor is a complete replacement for the
previous FCKEditor 2 base. It features improved performance, is more
compact, is easy to customise and interact with, fully support callbacks
and allows all functionality provided by the editor to be called from
your application. Upgrade is transparent, however the old editor files
should be removed and replace with the new ones.
- Old editor files (remove these):
- The editor directory, feEditor.html, fckconfig.js,
fckeditor.js, feconfig.js, fckpackager.xml, fckstyles.xml,
- New Files:
- Note: This is a Beta release, and the
new editor's functionality is being expanded and tested.
- Important: The new editor uses an online
spell checking API via spellchecker.com. This functionality may be
replaced in future versions.
Changed: Significant performance improvements in the feEditor, including
saving, opening and otherwise interacting with the editor.
Fixed: The Legacy (Clarion template chain) Resize code was being
generated for the new feEditor object even when it was not enabled.
- Added: feEditor.ReplaceInString() method, which allows
one or more instances of a sub string to be found and replaced in a
- New: feEditor.EmbedImages(*string html) method. This
method allows image references in the HTML passed to optionally be
converted to the form used for embedded images in email, and returns a
list of the file name for the images used. This method does not alter
the contents of the editor, and does not retrieve the HTML from the
editor. It can be called completely independantly without requiring an
editor control, or the object to be initialised by calling the Init
method. Note that the feEditor.EmbedImages() method is still available,
and does the same thing, except that it fetches the HTML from the
editor, and optionally updates the editor with the new HTML once
- New: Updated the EmbedImages
documentation to include an example of
the new version of the method, as well as to demonstrated loading HTML
from a BLOB into a string, embedding the images, and sending the result
- New: CallCommand
method allows any of the new editor functionality to be called from the
object, including printing, formatting etc. All command provided by the
editor (including all toolbar commands) are now supported.
- The PrintMe
method is now supported by the feEditor class to print the contents of
- Note: You cannot call code that uses the
editor before the EditorReady() callback method has been called.
Use the EditorReady method to execute any code that should run when the
editor has finished initialising. This is by far the most frequent
problem that people have using the editor.
- Change: The "Old MS DHTML Editor" tickbox is no longer ticked by
default when selecting the HTML Editing control type on the template
- Major overhaul of the main Demo example. More coming soon!
- Added: GetSelection() method to return the HTML for
the current selection (Beta, not tested
in this release).
- Added: GetData() method, this generic method allows
full interaction with the underlying editor by triggering an event,
which the editor then responds to, and then fetching any data that the
editor returns as a result.
- Updated: Update the GetText() method.
- Updated: The template no longer provides an "initial document"
prompt for the feEditor. Call the
Load() method in the
embed point to load a document when the editor starts. Alternatively
to load the editor from memory rather than from a file on disk.
Fixed: feFile class FileNameFromPath
and PathOnly methods.
New (recommended): FeMerge example application. Demonstrates the
- Using the new FeEditor class for HTML editing.
- Loading from memory or disk directly after the editor has
- Retreiving the HTML contents from the editor, setting the
content of the editor, and dynamically allocating memory for
retrieving the contents of the editor.
- Inserting text into existing HTML documents.
- Dynamically populating a list with fields from any table using
Who() and What().
- Dynamically locating fields in a table by name, and retrieving
the values of field in a table.
- Replacing the inserted place holders with the actual fields
- Writing a modified HTML document back to disk as a new file.
- Using the feFile generic file handling class.
- Displaying HTML documents on a new thread using the feBrowser
- Updated the main Demo application. Cleaned up old example, revamped
the feEditor example, renamed the procedures to be more consistent,
added a large amount of new functionality to the feEditor, new event
handling examples and more.
- Example cleanup and improvement
Version 5.11 Beta (24 July 2009)
Fixed: The feEditor.InsertText() method was not working correctly on all
Fixed: Incorrect template version being included in he installer.
Version 5.10 Beta (11 June 2009)
Fixed: The feFile.NameOnly() method was returning the entire path instead of just
Fixed: The feEditor.InsertText() method was failing because of an
Added: A new Legacy example for the feEditor class.
Updated: A number of small template changes to optimise code generated
for the new editor.
Added: An "Editor Files" directory to the Examples folder that contains
all the files required for the new editor (copy these to your
applications data directory in order to use the new editor).
Updated: The feEditor documentation.
Added: New commands to the
Edit() method to allow the page and text zoom properties to be
||The text zoom value, takes an integer value between
0 (smallest) and 4 (largest) with 2 being the standard
||Windows Internet Explorer 7 and later. Sets the zoom
factor of the browser. Takes an integer value in the
range of 10 to 1000 (percent).
Note: When adding the new editor control, you should
delete the additional control populated by the template (the path, prompt
and lookup buttons). These will be removed from future releases.
Version 5.08 Beta (7 November 2008)
Fixed: Incorrect template shipped with the previous release (incorrect
Version 5.07 Beta (7 November 2008)
Clarion 7 compatible release
Version 5.06 Beta (26 August 2008)
Fixed: The feEditor.Save() method was not working as the wrong
feFile.Save method was being called to write the file to disk.
Added: The feEditor.editorPath
property, which alows the path to the editor (feEditor.html) to be set.
This needs to be set to the path to the feEditor.html file before the
call to the Init() method. If this property is not set then the current
application path is used. This should be set to an absolute path, it
does not support relative paths.
Updated the documentation for the feEditor to include class properties.
Fixed: Compile errors in Legacy template becuase of incorrect prototypes
Version 5.05 Beta (01 August 2008)
Fixed: The feEditor.EmbedImages() method was not returning a list of
Fixed: Potential memory leak in EmbedImages().
Added: Documented the new feFile class , which allows you to load
and save files to and from memory rapidly and simply. The
documentation covers the feFile class basics, but it is very simple
if not htmlFile.Load(fileName)
Message('Load', 'Loading the file failed.')
Version 5.04 Beta (11 July 2008)
- Fixed a typographical error that was preventing
feEditor.ExpandToolbar() and feEditor.CollapseToolbar() from working
(please ensure that the feEditor.html file is updated in order to apply
- Added a Distribution section to the feEditor documentation.
- Fixed: Fixed an error loading WMV files that did not contain DRM
information. This is an error with the Windows Media Player OCX control
that ships with Windows Media Player 11 and results in a dialog box
being displayed a number of times with an error message when loading WMV
files. We have implemented a workaround to suppress these error
messages. The error is actually erroneous that is caused by any non DRM
Version 5.03 Beta (13 June 2008)
- New feEditor methods:
- The documentation incorrectly listed the following feMedia methods as
unsupported, whereas support was added in 5.02:
- Major documentation update for the feEditor
class. Listed all methods, added new methods and expanded all sections of
the documentation, including usage of the new editor, differences between
the old and new editor, shipping requirements and more.
- Added: feEditor: The Revert() method now supports the use of the
- Added: feEditor: Reload() is now implemented.
Version 5.02 Beta (06 June 2008)
- Fixed: feEditor leaking memory becuase the feFile class destructor was not
- Added: feFile.CleanUp() method to clean up allocated memory
- Changed: The Delayed Close has no affect on the feEditor, as it is not
needed and can potentially cause problems and innefficiency on close, and if
the Close was not done according to the template generated code (with Kill
called twice) then this could result in the parent Kill() method not being
called and resource not correctly deallocated.
- FeMedia2 Added Support for the following methods:
- get_attributeCount ()
- get_duration ()
- get_durationString ()
- get_imageSourceWidth ()
- get_name ()
- get_sourceURL ()
- getAttributeName ()
- getItemInfo ()
- getItemInfoByAtom ()
- getMarkerName ()
- Exposed the IWMPPlayer2 interface and methodsL
- get_stretchToFit() ! Retrieves a value indicating whether
video will stretch to fit size of the Windows Media Player control video
- get_windowlessVideo ()! Retrieves a value indicating whether the
Windows Media Player control renders video in windowless mode.
- put_stretchToFit ! Specifies whether video will stretch to fit the
size of the Windows Media Player control video display.
- put_windowlessVideo ! Specifies whether the Windows Media Player
control renders video in windowless mode.
- Fixed: feMedia: A number of methods that were not working such as
put_Mute() and get_Mute()
Version 5.00 Beta (11 April 2008)
- This is a brand new major release of FileExplorer and is being released in
Beta. There are features that are still a work in progress, and the
documentation for the new classes is being worked on, as well as updates the
example applications etc. We have been using the new class internally for
some time, so in our experience they are robust and work very well. You
should test your application with FileExplorer 5 before releasing it.
- New feMedia2 class replaces the old feMedia class. The new class
automatically uses the new version of the Windows Media Player interfaces if
they are available and falls back to the old version. Implements backward
compatibility for existing code, although some methods may not work with the
new Media Player control because of changes in the underlying Media Player
control. The new media player features almost a hundred new methods for
interfacing with Windows Media Player and there is still a significant
amount of additional functionality that will be added.
- Major documentation update and rearrangement
- New documentation for the new feMedia and feEditor classes
- Moved all documentation towards XHTML and CSS based, without any inline
- New feFile class that provides file loading and saving using the Windows
API, as well as providing functions to manage file names and paths. New
methods: Load, Save, ErrorTrap, FileNameFromPath, PathOnly.
- Completely new HTML Editor (the old editor is still supported, but
deprecated). Provides a fast, robust and feature rich editor. A few of the
features of the new editor:
- Compatible with all version of Windows, including Windows Vista and
Windows Server 2008.
- Requires only Internet Explorer 5.5 or later on the machine, there are
no other dependencies.
- Generates HTML with Internet Explorer 5, 6, 7 and Gecko browser
(Mozilla / Firefox / Netscape) compatibility
- XHTML 1.0 support (generates clean, standard compliant XHTML
- Font formatting: type, size, color, style, bold, italic, etc
- Text formatting: alignment, indentation, bullets list, etc
- CSS (cascading style sheets) support for a better integration with
web sites, and cleaner, faster, small code with better consistency
- What You See Really Is What You Get. Pages are rendered by IE as you
edit them, so the rendering is very accurate.
- Cut, Paste and Past as Plain Text, Undo and Redo
- Paste from MS Word cleanup with auto detection
- Link creation
- Anchors support
- Image insertion
- Table creation and editing (add, delete rows, etc) - one of the best
systems in the market.
- Table cells editing (size, colours, etc)
- Form fields
- Right click context menus support
- Complete toolbar customisation
- Easy menu customization and skins (add your own styles,
font-formats, etc ...)
- Skins support.
- Plug-in support.
- Spell checker integration via SpellerPages (additional built-in spell
options coming soon!)
- Multi-language support, including Right to Left scripting.
- Complete page editing, including visually setting the overall page
- Lightweight and fast
- Automatic browser detection and support for IE 5.5 and upwards.
- Load from memory or disk, or URL
- Save to memory or disk
- Full access to the editor and editor data programmatically
- Easily customisable, fully skin-able, and can be modified without
requiring a recompile of the application
- Easily customisable toolbars, including runtime customisation and
additions (no recompile required).
- Ability to get and set the text or HTML simply by calling a method.
- Much, much more!
- Full access to the DOM of the edited page coming soon!
- Important: The new editor requires that you ship the following files
with your application (place these in the application or Data directory for
your application). All of these files are shipped in the example folders:
- The whole Editor\ folder (Clarion\3rdparty\examples\FileExplorer\Demo\editor\)
Version 4.03 (17October 2007)
- Added support for Clarion 7.
- Changed some internal code that was originally added
for C7 support but was not needed (and was causing problems with the control
continuing to work, send events etc. but no longer refreshing, loading
files, resizing and so on).
- Added a Multi-DLL example
Version 4.02 (17 October 2007)
- Fix a damaged DLL in the installer that was causing a
GPF when the main installer was used with Clarion 6 9056 (the 9054-9056
binary installer did have the correct DLL).
Version 4.01 (11 July 2007)
control HTML documentation and utilize the HTML DOM to create dynamic pages and interfaces
(using HTML for dynamic forms with
your application). A full example application is coming soon.
- New example application - there are no longer a separate examples for
C55 and C6. All functionality has been merged into a single feabc.app
example in the Demo folder. The example has been cleaned up, improved and
expanded on (for the example main Html Editing window now has a Source tab
as well as the editor and demonstrated reading and writing the HTML data,
and syncing the Editor with a Text control displaying the Source).
- New "How To" in the feBrowser documentation:
to remove parts of a loaded page before displaying it to the user
- New feBrowser.LoadFromStream() method now allows data
(such as HTML) to be loaded into the Browser control directly from memory!
Version 4.00 (21 February 2007)
- Fixed the FeFlash.GetSWFHeader method deleting the Flash file after
retrieving the header information.
Version 3.99 Gold (15 February 2007)
- Provide information about installation and
support for the HTML Editor control under Windows Vista. See
here for more information.
- Fixed problems with the C6 demo, where the incorrect file was shipped,
resulting in compile errors when OfficeInside was not also installed.
- Fixed incorrect icon path in Demo application.
feSWFHeader group type and a
GetSWFHeader method to retrieve the header
information from SWF files. Thanks to Geoff Spillane for providing the
header reading code.
- New signed installer.
- Updates documentation for the Flash class. Added new methods, added a Data Types
and Equates section as well as a Properties section, start updating documentation,
adding examples, adding descriptions to the method and property listings
etc. All documentation will be rewritten in future releases, every method
will be fully described along with the parameters, return values, data
types, equates and a functional code example.
- Compatibility with Office Inside for spell checking (example to follow
in the next release)
- FE no longer outputs any debug information unless the /fedebugmin or /fedebugmax
flag is passed on the command line.
Version 3.98 Gold (10 January 2007)
the Internet Explorer version function and added support for Internet Explorer
7 and above.
- Fixed build problems where web was not updated and the template was reflecting
the incorrect version (3.92).
Version 3.97 Gold (06 January 2007)
"Background Printing" example application and updated documented in the
Browser docs on how to do background printing. The example allows a file/URL
to be loaded and then printed in the background on a hidden window using
a FE Browser control. Once the print is complete the window is closed.
The example starts the print procedure on a new thread, although it could
also be called without Starting it on a thread.
- Updated the section on background printing.
- Fixed Registry access functions, add additional error handling, fixed the incorrect
error being reported.
- New Windows Version function
- Fixed Windows version retrieval and added support for new version of Windows
(function simply returns the version of Windows without a interpreted name
if it is an unknown version).
- Fixed registry initialization and fetching. The incorrect key was being checked
- Replaced the fe_GetHtmlGraphicsInfo() function with a new function which handles
image listing, as well as differentiating between local links and links
to HTTP addresses (which are not placed in the list).
Version 3.96 Gold (16 November 2006 )
the C6 example (Html Editor not has a Source and Edit tab and they
are automatically kept in sync etc.)
- Updated the C55 example, improved the layout. The C6 and C55 example need to
be merged into a single C55 example that contains all of the functionality.
- New the feBrowser.Edit() method that allows a third parameter to be passed for
setting filenames etc.
- Completely new document for the feBrowser.Edit() method
- Add new equates for passing the feBrowser.Edit() method to determine it's
Renamed the second parameter to pAction to reflect it's use.
- Update the documentation, improve the documentation on the callback methods to
list all callbacks and their use etc.
- File Explorer is not compatible with Office Inside objects on the same window
and thread. Note that you need to set the 'Activate compatibility with
File Explorer' checkbox on the Office Inside local extension when FE is
used on the same window as Office Inside. Not changes are need to the manner
in which File Explorer is used.
Version 3.95 Gold (30 July 2006 )
3.93 Beta: ( 25 April 2006 )
the C6 example application, first revision of a cleaner look a feel and
easier to use layouts, as well as an updated HtmlEditor example - there
is now a Source tab that displays the source for the FE Html Editor, this
can be used to modify the html source code and have the changes reflected
in the editor and visa versa.
3.92 Beta: ( 25 April 2006 )
- An old file was shipped in the C55 build that could cause a GPF on opening a window
with an FE control on it.
Version 3.91 Beta: ( 25 April 2006 )
- Fixed regression in lib (introduced in 3.90)
- caused a duplicate procedure error on compile
Version 3.90 Beta: ( 25 April 2006 )
- Updated the example application, which was missing some of the test HTML, SWF,
JPG etc. files for loading into the FE control, as well as ensuring that
the example uses the types provided by FE rather than redeclaring the queues,
which can cause problems when the type'd queue declaration changes.
- Added WinErrorCode( ) and WinError( ) methods. WinErrorCode returns the error
code for the last API call on the current thread, WinError converts the
error code to an error message when passed the code. These methods exist
in all the FE classes.
Version 3.89 Beta: ( 07 April 2006 )
- Increased the maximum length of the values
that FeBrowser.GetElementQ returns for the DOM objects in the document, the
maximum length have been changed from 255 characters to all allowing values
up to 2048 characters long. The tag information has been changed from 100
to 256 characters (name, tagname, type, id etc.).
Version 3.88 Beta: ( 24 March 2006 )
- Changed the way that the OLE libraries are
linked in local mode. This works around a linker problem that occurs when
multiple libraries, linked in local mode, link to the same library. This allows
compatibility with other third party products such as EasyCom2Inc that use
the same libraries. If you get duplicate symbol errors you will need to update
both FileExplorer and the other accessories utilising these libraries. Standalone
compiles remain unaffected.
Version 3.87 Gold: ( 24 March 2006 )
- New installer built with a number of fixes and improvements.
- Verified that the DocInnerText and InnerText properties of the HtmlEditor class
are working correctly and being populated in C6.
- Updated docs, especially the callbacks for the feBrowser class
- Added a namespace ('fe') to all API calls for future compatibility and improved
compatibility with other third-party products.
Version 3.86 Gold: ( 03 March 2006 )
- Fixed issues with the new build system and DLL versions (incorrect DLL version
and runtime incompatibilities)
Version 3.85 Gold: ( 17 February 2006 )
- Fixed the SetFocus method, it now sets the focus to the actual control rather
than to the parent window which the control is placed on.
- Fixed crash of FileExplorer HTML viewer with pages that contained flash objects
- Changed default for FileExplorer HTML Viewer to default to delayed close. If
you are having problems with pages crashing when closing and then reopening
a web site then please make sure the setting on the FileExplorer Extension
"Implement Delayed Close" on the "BrowseHTML" tab is on. This is now the
default option, however for existing controls it should be set manually
- Fixed loading of URLS longer than 500 characters (the maximum length is now the
IE maximum - 2088 characters).
Versions 3.84 Gold: ( 16 November 2005 )
- First build compiled with Clarion 6.2.9048 (and Clarion 6.1.9031)
- Several minor internal improvements.
Versions 3.83 Beta: ( 11 October 2005 )
- Fixed an issue in the feBrowser.Load method.
Versions 3.82 Beta: ( 5 October 2005 )
- Tidied up the fe.inc file.
- Fixed an issue with FE not reporting the
installed version of Acrobat Reader correctly (just a string update, does
not affect any functionality)
- Added a new checkbox to the feBrowser
object's template properties, labeled 'Implement Delayed Close' - work in
Versions 3.80 Beta: ( 15 July 2005 )
- Deleted the 'KillCalled' property from the
feBrowser class, this property was already defined in the feCOM class which
the feBrowser class is derived from.
- New property:
- New: FeBrowser.GetInfo, and
feHtmlEditor.GetInfo methods both now support
new options: fe:SelectedHtml; fe:SelectedOuterHtml
- Updated: Added new items into the
feabc.app example application's feBrowser_MainExample procedure menu to show
off these new features (above).
- Change: feBrowser and feHtmlEditor classes
are both now derived from a new class called 'FeGenericHTML'
- New: feHtmlEditor.Update now supports 'SelectedOuterHTML'
as the first parameter. Not yet documented,
- Fixed: feBrowser.SetValueByID was not
- Change: feBrowser.SetValueByID improved
(internally), and a third parameter called pHTML has been added. Not yet documented,
- Change: feBrowser.GetValueByID improved
(internally), and a second parameter called pHTML has been added. Not yet documented,
- Numerous other internal
changes. Not yet documented. Currently being tested. Will
document in the next release.
Versions 3.79 Beta: ( 3 June 2005 )
- Fixed a compile error in the festorage.app
- Several internal changes / improvements,
mostly in the feMedia class, not yet documented.
- The DOM code now supports "<button>"
- First build compiled with Clarion 6.1
9034, and Clarion 6.2.
Versions 3.78 Beta: ( 11 April 2005 )
- Started adding support for Media Player 9
and 10, still busy with this, simply set feMedia.MPVersionNumber = 10 before
calling Init if you want to try this code out. Still defaults to using
Media Player 6.4. Will document this and add it to the template (and
make it default to 10 or the latest installed version) as soon as the
following issues have been resolved in the feMedia class:
- Update ('AllowChangeDisplaySize') - not
- Update ('medshowinfowindow') - not yet
- Update ('medshowtoolbar') - not yet
- Update ('medshowslidebar') - not yet
- Update ('medshowgotobar') - not yet
- Update ('medenableslidebar') - not yet
- Update ('medenabletoolbar') - not yet
- Update ('medshowpositioncontrols') - not
- Update ('medautorewind') - not yet working
- Update ('medautoresize') - not yet working
- Update ('medzoom') - not yet working
- Update ('medstartposition') - not yet
- Update ('medendposition') - not yet
- GetInfo method (all)
- Callback Events
- Added support for Easy ResizeAndSplit to
File Explorer. Tested with Easy ResizeAndSplit 2.07
- New method: feBrowser.SelectElementByID
- New method: feBrowser.SelectElementByName
- Improved: My DOM code now returns the HREF
property of LINK objects in the ElementValue field of the queue that you get
back. See my feabc.app example's "Accessing the DOM" procedure.
This means that you can now easily get a list of all the URLs (hyperlinks)
in a loaded html document.
- Improved: My DOM code (see above) also now
includes "All-FE" and "All-IE" under the example's "Tag to search for" drop
list. The "All-FE" option is the old "All" option, which returns all
objects found (and supported) by FileExplorer. The new "All-IE" option
returns all objects directly from Internet Explorer - some of which may not
be supported by File Explorer. If you see anything in the IE list that
you need (that is not in the FE list) let us know.
Versions 3.77 Gold: ( 24 March 2005 )
- New template symbol called %FEBuild -
other templates can use this to check the FE version number
- FeHtmlEditor.Update method now supports ShowDetails, and ShowBorders.
- Deprecated the feHtmlEditor_Update
procedure in the feabc.app example. Moving this code into the
feHtmlEditor_MainExample procedure. Going to be revamping the
main example for the next release.
- Numerous internal improvements (nothing
risky, all well tested, just optimized code in some areas and fixed an
possible issue when closing down some of the objects).
Versions 3.76 Beta: ( 7 March 2005 )
- Minor template improvement (Do not
generate code template option was still generating some recently added
- Improved the feabc.app and feleg.app
examples (changed the toolbar icons to 32X32 - thanks Sean! Also
changed the legacy frame toolbar and About screen to look like the
abc example's, and improved the look of most of the windows in the legacy
- Fixed an issue File Explorer had
pertaining to being hosted inside GROUP controls! Rewrote the code
used to manage how FE controls deal with being on Tabs, in Groups, and so
on, changes included:
several template generated routines: feWatchingZOrdering,
feWatchingParentPropHideStatus, and feFixLeakingThroughTabsOnWindowOpen
- Several internal changes
- Cleaned up a lot of code in the dll
Versions 3.75 Beta: ( 28 Jan 2005 )
- New: Now supports Acrobat Reader version 7
- Improved: Minor template improvement
- Improved: New method (all classes) called
"_WindowClosing". Work in progress, not yet documented. Is
implemented by the templates though.
Versions 3.74 Beta: ( 24 Jan 2005 )
- Fixed: Compiler warning 'Field label is
duplicated, first used' under Clarion 6.1 build 9031 (HTMLURL Line840,
- Changed: Internal property called Debugging changed to DebugLevel (applies to all classes)
- FeDUN class completely removed
- Improved: Major internal (dll) change
- Improved: Template improved
- Changed max length of URLs from 255 to
- New: Two new events (virtual methods) in
the feBrowser class: EventClick, and EventDblClick. These required a
major internal change in File Explorer, so please test this release
before releasing to customers - it seems to work fine from what we've seen.
This is currently considered work in progress, and
will not be enabled unless you tick "Implement More Callback Events" in the
template properties for the feBrowser control. As soon as we're sure this is
stable we will incorporate it into the "normal" events, and will remove this
Versions 3.73 Beta: ( 20 Dec 2004 )
- First build compiled with Clarion 6.1 Build 9031
Versions 3.72 Beta: ( 16 Dec 2004 )
- New: Several internal changes for better
integration with CapeSoft Office Inside (more to follow in subsequent
- Improved: New internal method called feMedia.DbgMsg (internal
- Improved: Template code pertaining to feMedia object, especially when
another FE object coexists on the same window
- First build compiled with Clarion 6.1 Build 9030
Versions 3.71 Gold: ( 29 Nov 2004 )
- Fix: Media Viewer template was not implementing AllowZoomChange,
Mute, RepeatTimes and StartPosition properties
- Fix: Template was causing compile errors on the (now disabled) DUN code
Versions 3.70 Gold: ( 22 Nov 2004 )
- First Gold release since 12 Dec 2002! Have rewritten virtually the
whole of File Explorer twice since then.. We now don't use the Clarion
OLE control / code at all, anywhere in File Explorer. There is nothing
that was in the last Gold release that is not working as well or
considerably better in this release.
- The template no longer supports using the Clarion OLE control, you must
change all Clarion OLE controls to Panels, see the section titled Considerations
if upgrading from a version earlier than 3.70 for more info (look for
Compile Error 2). Clarion's OCX.CLW file is no longer
linked in. You no longer need to ship C55OLEX.DLL with your apps.
Versions 3.60 Beta: ( 15 Nov 2004 )
- New: feBrowser entry control now alerts for CtrlEnter, like
Internet Explorer, so you can type in google (CtrlEnter), or
www.google.com (Enter) (New undocumented method built for this called
_FormValidURL. Template changed to implement this automatically).
- New: New property for all objects called EntryControl (used
internally by templates)
- Deprecated: The CallFe_LoadMethod template had a setting called
Viewer Control, this is no longer necessary
- Deprecated Procedures In feabc.app example:
- Advanced_feBrowser_CodeTemplate (Now included in
- Advanced_feBrowser_StatusBar (Now included in
- Advanced_feBrowser_Tabbing (Moved to the BenchMark example
- Advanced_feBrowser_Tabs (Moved to the BenchMark example
- Advanced_feBrowser_TwoViewers (Moved to the BenchMark
- Advanced_feBrowser_ThreeLaunchesExample (Moved to the BenchMark
- Advanced_feBrowser_TwoWinsOneThread_Parent (Moved to the BenchMark
- Advanced_feBrowser_TwoWinsOneThread_Child (Moved to the BenchMark
- Advanced_feBrowser_GetInfo (Now included in feBrowser_MainExample)
- Advanced_feHtmlEditor_CodeTemplates (Now included in
- Advanced_feHtmlEditor_GetInfo (Now included in
- Improved: Numerous parts of the dll code optimized, cleaned up, etc.
- Improved: The CallFe_LoadMethod code template now updates the
parent object's entry control if present
- Improved: CallFe_EditMethod code template revisited
Versions 3.52 Beta: ( Released 3 Nov 2004 )
- Improved: Major template cleanup
- Improved: Several methods improved internally, including:
- Improved: feMedia properties (e.g. self.MedAllowZoomChange, self.MedMute)
now retain their values when loading new media files into the Viewer Control
- Improved: fePDF properties (e.g. self.PDFZoom) now retain their values
when loading new documents into the Viewer Control
- Improved: feFlash properties (e.g. self.FlashLoop) now retain their
values when loading new documents into the Viewer Control
- Deprecated Properties (have not actually been used in over a year):
feMaster.fe_Height, feMaster.fe_Width, feMaster.fe_TreatUnknownsAs
Versions 3.51 Beta: ( Released 22 Oct 2004 )
- Changed the template generated code for the fePDF object. ( Would
love to redo this code and lose all the routines that get generated.. )
Now all initialization properties are only set after the call to fePDF.Init.
Properties like PDFZoom used to have to be set each time we called the Load
method - this is no longer necessary. Also (due to demand), I now let
you set PDFZoom to any value you like (no longer validate it to between 0
- Started cleaning up the template
Versions 3.50 Beta: ( Released 4 Oct 2004 )
- Bug Fix: An internal method was not always decrementing object counters
correctly under Clarion 6.1, which could have caused some objects to GPF the
second time they were initialized. (Bug in GetElementQ)
( ElementID is currently not being returned )
- Internal Improvement: Event Handlers are now disabled earlier in the
"Kill" logic for all classes
- Internal Improvement: Updating fields in feBrowser DOM code is now much
- Internal Improvement: fe_GetCStringFromBstr function improved
- New property for the feBrowser class called DoNotLoadAboutBlankInInit
( Not yet documented )
- Internal Improvement: IIDisp objects no longer self-Release under the
current C61 build ( must update other products
- fe_GetIEVersionInfo now takes an
- feDispose is now obsolete. The template no longer generates calls
to this function. This fixes an issue under C6.1 causing GPFs as apps
were closing down.
- Need to check all method prototypes in the tpl to
make sure they're right (see HtmlEditor.Load)
- Several new virtual methods have been added to the template to make
processing feBrowser events easier:
Versions 3.49 Beta: ( Released 27 August 2004 )
- First build compiled with Clarion 6.1 Build 9027
Versions 3.48 Beta: ( Released 16 August 2004 )
- The feMedia.AutoSize method became obsolete several releases ago
(replaced with the feMedia.Resize method). There was still a reference
to the old method in the templates which has now been removed. There
was also an embed point before and after a call to the feMedia.Wait method
which has been removed, as because we are now using COM (not Clarion OLE)
there is no need to use the Wait method. Please
check your code for any orphaned embeds here.
Versions 3.47 Beta: ( Released 12 August 2004 )
- Several properties are now obsolete: fe_CurrentControl (used in most
objects), DisableWait (used in most objects)
- feMedia events are now passing in the correct parameters
- Documented the fe_MCIPlay and fe_MCIStop functions
- First build compiled using Clarion 6.1 Build 9025
Versions 3.46 Beta: ( Released 23 July 2004 )
- First build compiled with Clarion 6.1 Gold (Build 9024)
Versions 3.45 Beta: ( Released 16 July 2004 )
- feBrowser EventBeforeNavigate2, EventNewWindow2 and
EventCommandStateChange methods now return longs. Made several
internal improvements to the way File Explorer handles callback events.
- fe_OnlineStatus and fe_OnlineStatusConnectionName
- Removed the obsolete FeViewer class.
- Improved several examples, including Advanced_feBrowser_AdvancedCallbacks.
Versions 3.44 Beta: ( Released 14 July 2004 )
- Template fix - feHtmlEditor, feFlash and fePDF might have been leaking
through tabs. Thanks to Trevor Cocks for finding this bug.
- Internal fixes in the FeBrowser BeforeNavigate2 and NewWindow2 events.
- First build compiled with C6.1 RC6
Versions 3.43 Beta: ( Released 28 June 2004 )
- New FAQs : 2.12
- Updated Docs : feBrowser.Load
- First build tested with Clarion 6.1 RC4
Versions 3.42 Beta: ( Released 10 June 2004 )
- Fixed a bug causing a GPF as your exe closed when compiled with Clarion 6.1.
Versions 3.41 Beta: ( Released 8 June 2004 )
- New method - feMedia:EventCallback (supports callback event from the
Windows MediaPlayer ocx).
- First build to support Clarion 6.1 CR2
Versions 3.40 Beta: ( Released 4 June 2004 )
- Fixed: feMedia object was not always resizing correctly
- Fixed: feFlash object was not resizing at all in the last release
- The feMedia::GetInfo method now takes an optional parameter
- Updated the feoi.app example (Office Inside / File Explorer in same app)
- First build to support Clarion 6.1 CR1
Versions 3.39 Beta: ( Released 28 May 2004 )
- Complete rewrite of the fePDF object!
- Big news : Templates now implement a Panel
control rather than the Clarion OLE control. File Explorer no longer
uses the Clarion OLE control for ANYTHING.
- FeFlash::EventCallback method improved. Please see
FAQ 1.11 for more info.
- New methods: FeFlash::SetVariable, FeFlash::GetVariable
- Changed FePDF::Init method's parameters
- Tidied up documentation and templates
Versions 3.38 Beta: ( Released 26 May 2004 )
Versions 3.0 Beta 1 to 3.37 Beta: ( Last released 19 May 2004 )
- FeBrower::Update improved
- FeFlash - major overhaul.. Now using Plugware classes rather than
Clarion OLE, and Callback Events are now working!
- Init method now takes different parameters - changed
from (<long CurrentControl>) to (long ParentControl, <string LoadPath>,
long Handle1=0, long Handle2=0, byte SkipCallbacks=false).
- New methods - Kill, EventCallback
- Template now has two new checkboxes which you need to
manually set - "Auto-Resize control" and "Implement callback events"
- Improved Flash examples in the feabc.app example app.
- No longer supporting the
Background Media Load Button control template, please use the
CallFe MadiaAPIMethod code template
instead. Major overhaul of the CallFe_MediaAPIMethod code template,
much cleaner now.
- Changed the install exe to backup your old examples before replacing
them with new ones.
Version 2.9X : ( Several unofficial releases )
- All the improvements / changes made during the 2.9 releases.
- Rewrote the feBrowser class! Improvements / changes include:
- Even faster, even more robust..
- Several methods had size restrictions on their parameters.
No longer! Methods include feBrowser:: Load, ...
- You can now have multiple objects (Viewer controls) on the
same window, and scroll large files safely (were some issues here in the
- The issue reported with browsing Disney.com has been fixed.
- The FeBrowser::Refresh method now takes an optional parameter,
allowing you to specify the "level" of refreshing you want done.
- The FeBrowser::Edit method now takes a second (optional)
- New property (used internally, currently undocumented) called
LastLoadedDoc, which will replace LastLoadedDocument and CurrentPath for
the Webbrowser class. No size restrictions.
- feBrowser::Load; from (long ParentControl, <string LoadPath>,
<long Handle1>, <long Handle2>, <byte SkipCallbacks>) to (long
ParentControl, <string LoadPath>, long Handle1=0, long Handle2=0, byte
SkipCallbacks=false). Improved ability to pass (new) optional parameters,
and the way this code works.
- FeBrowser::GetInfo method(s) now take a parameter allowing
you to specify a FrameNumber. ( See the Advanced_feBrowser_GetInfo
example procedure in feabc.app, which now shows how to use GetInfo with
frames ). Added new properties (&cstring's) which GetInfo now
updates and returns pointers to, better way of doing this as there are
now no size limitations. All properties auto-clean in the Kill method,
note these are read-only properties - see the fedemo.app (abc) - Advanced_feBrowser_GetInfo
procedure for implementation.
- FeBrowser::Resize method now takes longs as parameters,
- FeBrowser::GetElementQ method parameters changed from (
< *cstring TagName >, fe:QParam_Type QParm ) to ( <string
TagName>, fe:QParam_Type QParm, long FrameNumber=0 ). This method
now supports frames.
- FeBrowser::SetValueByName method parameters changed from
( string ElementName, string ElementValue, byte ElementType=0 ) to
( string ElementName, string ElementValue, long FrameNumber=0 ).
ElementType was never documented / implemented, so this will not affect
any existing code. This method now supports frames.
- FeBrowser::GetValueByName method parameters changed from ( string ElementName ) to
( string ElementName, long FrameNumber=0
). This method now supports frames.
- FeBrowser::SubmitForm method parameters changed from (
<string FormName> ) to ( <string FormName>, long FrameNumber=0
). This method now supports frames.
- Updated the Advanced_feBrowser_DOM example (feabc.app) to
demonstrate using the improved GetElementQ, SetValueByName, GetValueByName
and SubmitForm methods (with frame support).
- SetValueByName now supports dealing with duplicated field
names (new 6th parameter).
- FeBrowser::Load changed - now if you pass CurrentPath
as '' (empty string) it loads "about:blank", rather than just
ignoring you which is what it did in the past..
- The feBrowser::Update method now supports setting the "SilentMode"
- The feBrowser::EventCallback method now returns *cstrings,
not *strings. This was never documented prior to this version so
it won't affect anyone.
- Can now read / set html CheckBoxes from your code
method improved (internal fixes)
- New methods:
- used to restore focus to the Viewer control Window.
- FeBrowser::ClickByName - which enables you to click buttons in html
- Rewrote the feHtmlEditor class! Improvements / changes include:
- No longer using any "Clarion OLE".. All
pure early-bound COM. Many many many advantages to speed, stability,
and new features we can now add.
- Changed the Init method's parameters from (<long CurrentControl>)
to (long ParentControl, <string LoadPath>, long Handle1=0, long Handle2=0,
byte SkipCallbacks=false). Updated the templates to take this into
- Changed the Load method's parameters from (string CurrentPath,
<long CurrentControl>, <byte LoadFromVar>) to (string CurrentPath,
long CurrentControl=0, byte LoadFromVar=false). Updated the templates
to take this into account.
- "Save" method improved.
- ThisViewer1.Load ('') now has the same effect as ThisViewer1.NewDocument().
In the past ThisViewer1.Load ('') did nothing.
method improved (internal fixes)
- New methods:
- sets the focus to the window that the FE control is on
- Rewrote the FeMedia class! Improvements / changes include:
- Init method used to take a single optional parameter. Method now
takes several parameters. Template code updated, but your own
source code will need to be changed.
- Several methods now return an optional byte, including:
Play, Pause, Stop, Load, Init
- Methods which now return an (optional) byte, indicating success / failure:
- FeBrowser::Back, FeBrowser:Forward, FeBrowser::Refresh, FeBrowser::Stop,
FeBrowser::Edit, FeBrowser::PrintMe, FeBrowser::Init, FeBrowser::Kill,
- FeHtmlEditor::Load, FeHtmlEditor::Edit, FeHtmlEditor::NewDocument, FeHtmlEditor::PrintMe
- New Functions:
- fe_GetRegValue (string ParentFolder, string NameOfKey, string
- fe_GetOSVersionInfo ( ),string
- fe_DebugString (string)
- New examples:
- feabc.app: Advanced_FeHtmlEditor_GetInfo
- feoi.app: Showing how to integrate File Explorer with CapeSoft
- Removed the following methods:
- Deleted an old (undocumented) form of the FeBrowser::Edit
method, which took a string and a long as the two parameters...
Don't expect any problems from this deletion.
- Deleted an undocumented method called FeBrowser::_LoopThruElementsByTagName,
and an undocumented method called FeBrowser::OleControlSite_Invoke.
- Removed the following properties:
- feBrowser.UseLateBinding, feBrowser.DontInitializeHtml1, feBrowser.NavigateMethod
- Changes to the templates:
- Viewer Control - Html Editor options - new option called "Auto-Resize
control", enabled by default.
- Fixed some issued with compiling in local mode.
- FeMediaAPI::Play method now supports long file names.
- Fixed an issue in the (undocumented) FeStorage class, and added a section
for this class (and this issue) to the FAQ's.
- Worked on C6 compatibility
- fe_ShellExecute function improved
- New method: feMedia::EventCallback (callbacks
now working for Media Player object)
- Updated the Media Player template and
examples where the new EventCallback method is now working
- New method: feHtmlEditor::EventCallback
(callbacks now working for Html Editing object)
- Updated the Html Editor template and
examples where the new EventCallback method is now working
- Improved feHtmlEditor::GetInfo (now
supports self.ObjType again)
- Rewrote the feHtmlEditor::KeyPressed
method, now working again
- Commented obsolete template code, including:
- All references to OCXRegisterEventProc,
OCXRegisterPropChange, and OCXRegisterPropEdit have been commented
- Local variables "feLastEvent"
and "feLastKeypress" are now obsolete
- No longer including the "OCXEVENT.CLW"
- OcxCallbackDeclarations code
no longer used / needed
- Any code which you embedded into the
"Event Handler Callback" embed points will now be orphaned.
Please move this code to the new "EventCallback" method, or email
us if you need help doing this.
- The fe_UnloadCOM function (internal) is now obsolete, the internal
_ThreadQ is also now obsolete, as is the private glo_UsingOldClasses
- The feInit function is now private (was once used by the Global Extension
template, no longer necessary)
- Expanded the FeHtmlEditor::Edit method to support Tables
- FeBrowser "DOM" code now supports IMG tags also
- Changed the data type "fe:QParam_Type"
in order to return more data via the feBrowser::GetElementQ method (this is the
only method that uses this data type), you might need to change your code
accordingly if you are using the feBrowser::GetElementQ method
- Improved / expanded the fe_OnlineStatus function, and added a new function
- Fixed an issue in the DOM code (GetElementQ, SetValueByName etc) which
caused GPFs if dealing with very large webpages. Several other internal
improvements here. (Ver 3.26)
- Internal improvements to the feBrowser, feHtmlEditor and feMedia "Init" methods.
- Fixed a possible problem with
the way the feBrowser object was closing down
it's callback-event handler
- When using the Viewer Control to
browse html pages (feBrowser), the
FileDialog dialog window used to select which file to view now shows the
following (note, methods such as GetInfo also work with mht, xml and
eml files!) :
Files" - *.htm, *.html, *.mht
- "Text Files"
- "Image Files"
- gif, jpeg, png,
art, au, aiff, and xbm
- "XML Files"
- "EML Files"
API calls to
failing in apps using FE - Fixed
feBrowser::ClickByRecordNumber method should now also support "Input"
- New function called
fe_SetFocus. Not yet documented or supported.
- Fixed issue with DOM code
where element collections contain more than 127 elements (handled by the dll, no
changes needed to your code)
- Changed the FeBrowser::EventCallback method parameters - This will
break your current code, please see the docs for how to change your code
- New approach and new methods for handling callback events for the
FeBrowser object, see the docs for more info ( 32 new methods to handle IE
- The DOM methods SetValueByName, SetValueByID etc now cause the "OnChange"
events to fire in the html container when you set the value in an html list-control
or enters some text into a field, then that
function will be called when your code changes the droplist selection or input
field also! This is all done automatically inside the dll, so you
don't need to change any existing code. Real life example: I
had a page with two droplists. The second list got populated with
function fired on the OnBlur event of the first list. Using FE to
select something in the first list will now trigger the script function to
fire, which fills the second list, which you can then select from using FE
as per normal.
- Bug Fix : TextArea elements were not being returned in the Element Queue if
you selected "all elements"
- New method for feBrowser, feHtmlEditor, feMedia - SetFocus
- feHtmlEditor::Edit method now supports fe:HtmlEditor_Outdent parameter
- Documentation improved (broken into several smaller documents)
- Seem to have fixed the problems with using FileExplorer and OfficeInside
in the same apps (standalone mode only, local mode still not working)
- Internal improvements to the FeMediaAPI.Play and FeMediaAPI.Stop methods
- New functions: fe_MCIPlay and fe_MCIStop
- Some Win 98 first edition issues.. - think they're fixed in Beta 2
- Changing focus between windows hosting multiple WebBrowsers all
implementing Event Handlers croaks the app..
- fixed in Beta 2
- FeBrowser::Update method has been broken - fixed
in Beta 4
- Html Browser and Html Editor controls show "through" tabs
- FeMedia object wasn't working under Win XP in beta 1 and beta 2, fixed in Beta 3
- HtmlBrowser and HtmlEditor had an issue with legacy resize implementation, fixed in Beta 3
- feBrowser::GetElementQ partly broken in Beta
1 - fixed
in Beta 4
- Submitting forms broken - fixed in Beta 4
- Saving html from the feHtmlEditor control to a variable broken in beta 4 - fixed in Beta 5
- FeBrowser event callbacks are broken. -fixed in 3.44
- Callbacks broken for Media object ( see feabc.app "Advanced_Video_Callbacks"
) - fixed in Beta 17
- Callbacks broken for HtmlEditor object ( see feabc.app "Advanced_feHtmlEditor_Callbacks",
and "Advanced_feHtmlEditor_TabAndRightClick" ) - fixed in Beta 17
- Finish the remaining FeHtmlEditor methods not yet using the new engine:
- GetInfo (just a few items not yet done, almost all were never documented) - fixed in Beta 17
- KeyPressed - fixed in Beta 17
- Seems to be an issue with having my Viewer control inside a (boxed)
group, see the feabc app's "Advanced_feBrowser_Tabs" procedure.
For now you can temporarily work around this issue by not having Viewer
controls inside (boxed) groups. - fixed in Beta
- Issue with the feBrowser object "leaking" through tabs
as the window opens - fixed in Beta
- Issue with the feHtmlEditor object "leaking" through
tabs as the window opens - fixed in Beta
19, requires some code
- Support for FE / Office Inside co-existing in same apps
- seems to be fixed in 3.38 Beta
- Adobe Acrobat 6 support - needs to be tested
- no known issues by 3.44
- feMedia events not passing in correct parameters
- done in version 3.47
- Filling in fields contained in frames - done
- Submitting forms contained in frames - done
- FeHtmlEditor docs need to be updated - mostly done
- FeBrowser has been reported to "show through" tabs in
legacy apps - partly fixed in 3.11
- Ability to "push" buttons via code (feBrowser) - done
- Revisit and document the SilentMode property - done
- Setting radio buttons from code using feBrowser - done
- Flash - control what happens when Flash buttons are pressed - done
- Flash - Callbacks - done
Version 2.5e : ( Released 20 Dec 2002 )
- First version ever where we've changed some things making this version
non backward-compatible. We have added a section to the docs to step
you through how to upgrade your apps to use this version, click here
for details. Changes outlined below.
- Several local / global variables are now no longer used - moved to
- The "Path Variable" option on the Viewer Control templates
is now disabled / obsolete.
- The "Use old classes" option on the Global Extension template
is now disabled / obsolete.
- Changed the way we load initial documents for each Viewer control,
code moved to a procedure called "feLoadInitialDocument_ObjectName",
embed points added so you can customize this. ( Also: Some objects
were loading the initial document from ThisWindow::Init, other from the
Window Open event, now all objects use the window open event. )
- Moved the code that triggers an event:accepted on the File Explorer
entry control (Viewer template) from ThisWindow::TakeFieldEvent, to a
new procedure called "feWindowTakeFieldEvent_fePathControl_EventAlertKey_ObjectName",
which is called from TakeFieldEvent. Embed points provided.
- Moved code out of ThisWindow::TakeEvent into a new virtual method called
- Moved code from the TakeEvent logic into a routine called "feWatchingParentPropHideStatus_ObjectName".
Embed points preserved.
- Various improvements, fixes etc, including:
- Fixed a problem with the feMedia (Video) control's event:alertkey code.
- Docs (including Summary of callback events)
- Examples ( including in feabc.app: new Frames examples; new callback
example for feMedia and feHtmlEditor, new example showing how to load
from a listbox )
- Loading initial documents for feMedia objects (template settings) redone.
- Changed the equates for the feBrowser events (old ones still supported
but no longer documented, click here
for info )
- Added equates for the feMedia callback events ( and updated docs, click
- Added equates for the feHtmlEditor callback events ( and updated docs,
click here )
- The feBrowser::Load method now takes additional parameters, the only (additional)
one working at this stage is one to specify a TargetFrameName.
- Removed several options from the template settings.
- New method: FeMedia::TranslateEventID (similar to FeBrowser::TranslateEventID)
- New function called "fe_StartIE". Replaces the feBrowser::StartIE
method which is no longer documented.
- Added some code to the Advanced_feBrowser_DOM example, courtesy of Carl Barnes.
- New procedure in the feabc.app example, called "Advanced_feFlash_HelpAbout".
- Eliminating variable size restrictions. So far have done the feBrowser
Navigate method. More to come.
Version 2.5d : ( Released 12 Dec 2002 )
- The FeBrowser::EventCallback method now takes 7 omit-able parameters, also
improved the methods functionality.
- Updated the "Advanced_feBrowser_SimpleCallbacks" procedure in
feabc.app to demonstrate FeBrowser::EventCallback's new functionality.
- Worked on documentation / example applications.
Version 2.5c : ( 8 Nov 2002 ) ( 43rd official release of File Explorer,
exactly 2 years since beta 1 )
- The self.Debugging property which was being set by the global extension
template is now set by passing a parameter to the exe, in the form of "/debug0",
"/debug1" or "/debug2".
- Tidied up the documentation and examples. Concentrated mainly on
FeBrowser and FeHtmlEditor.
- Added three new buttons to the Html Editing buttons controls, to "Select
All", "Undo" and "Redo".
- The ClassVersion method has been replaced by a new function called fe_ClassVersion.
The old method still works but is now undocumented.
- The OnlineStatus method has been replaced by a new function called fe_OnlineStatus.
The old method still works but is now undocumented.
- New concept ( thanks to Charles Edmonds <g> ); there is now a subfolder
in your C55\3rdParty\Docs\FileExplorer folder called "misc".
I'll be adding useful pages to that folder from now on. Any suggestions
- Renamed most of the properties in the FeBrowser and FeHtmlEditor classes.
Have left the old properties in tact, still support them etc. so your code
won't break. Busy changing all docs and examples to use the new, correct
- Templates no longer call the feInit function.
- The feBrowser::Kill method now takes a parameter: Kill(byte level=0)
- The FeHtmlEditor::Edit method now supports the following (additional) equates:
- Improved the CallFe_EditMethod template
- Added equates for the feBrowser::Edit method, changed templates accordingly
- The following (additional) feBrowser events are now supported in the library:
- The following feBrowser events are now documented and use these equates:
- The FeBrowser::EventCallback method now takes more parameters (omit-able).
This method is being worked on and should be more useful in the next release.
- Expanded the (undocumented / internal) Debugging method
- Fixed a problem / incompatibility between FE and IE6. The problem
would have resulted in an error message to the effect of "There was a
version error trying to launch the PDF control, version error: 6.0.2600.0000"
when trying to load PDF files. The problem only exists when you set
the templates to "Use the latest version" of Adobe Acrobat.
If you have set the templates to specifically load Adobe 4 or Adobe 5 you
would not experience this problem.
- Improved / enhanced various methods, including:
- Improved the FeMaster::GetRegValue method - Now supports DWORD data type
- Improved FeMaster::OcxVersion method ( enhanced PDF version info support)
- Improved FePDF::Load method - more robust
- Several improvements to the FePDF class, and updated the documentation
- Changed the position of the feDispose() call (template change).
- The feBrowser::GetHtmlGraphicsInfo and feHtmlEditor::GetHtmlGraphicsInfo
methods now (alternatively) accept a string as the passed parameter.
- The fePDF::Load method now optionally returns a byte, indicating whether
the method passed / failed. Will expand this concept and change the
other objects and document this in the next release.
- Updated the fenet.app (File Explorer / NetTalk) example.
- Updated the Advanced_fePDF_VariousControls procedure in the fe_abc.app(demo).
- Added a section to these docs with the URLs to download the latest components.