Secwin is another oldie but goodie. It has grown up to be the most fully featured
security package available for Clarion. And considering that it's half the
price of competing products, it's no wonder it's also the most popular. Secwin
is based on the idea that you won't be the security manager for your customer,
hence it's designed to be easy to use, and even easier to teach to your customer!
: All features are optional in the sense that you can implement as
many, or as few of them as you like
User Access Control Features
Licensing and Registration Features
- Logins and Passwords
- User access control at a screen, control and even browse-column level
- User Groups and Workgroups
- Allows multiple login areas inside an application
- Enforce case sensitive passwords, regular password changes, minimum password composition
- Client Company Name. Serial Number and Expiry Date
- Program Level - Demo, Lite, Standard, Professional & Enterprise
- Optional Modules - allows up to 30 of them
- Create multiple expiration criteria for demos
- Supports Central Network user database spanning multiple EXEs
- Supports central configuration, no need to go to each workstation
- Checks and enforces concurrent network copies of your app
- 10 source examples, including a full working registration database
- Low-level access to all Secwin features and data for advanced programmers
- No hand code required - everything available in templates
- Full internationalization support lets you translate any and all Secwin text
- Supports most file drivers
- Fully customizable look and feel, and much more!
New Features included in Secwin6
New Features included in Secwin 4/5
Secwin 4 users have a free
upgrade licence to Secwin 5. Secwin 5 simply came into existance because
of our numbering scheme for releases.
Licensing and Registration Control:
- Multiple user groups per user
- Permitted Control Groups per screen increased from 30 to 252
- Password reset (limited - requires application specific encryption
for the Secwin tables)
Access setup in one place
- Outlookbar Support
Clarion Online says...
“Secwin is a feature filled security
package for Clarion for Windows...it has more features than I
expected in a security system...Good value for your money...
Installation of Secwin was painless ... Administration was simple...
It's easy for the Supervisor to grant both screen access and control
access... [User Groups] greatly simplify the Supervisor's
administrative work. By using this feature it would be easy to
administer large groups of users... Once I understood how to use the
User Screen Security template, implementing security with Secwin was
extremely easy ...”
What the Users Say...
I know that you hear it all the time -
but here it is again: You all have some fantastic templates.
In less than a day, I took a fully functioning C55 app in production,
converted it to C6, stripped out an old 3rd party set of security
templates and replaced them with SecWin.
SecWin turned out to be easier and more intuitive to install and
implement. The functions included made it a breeze to access the
security details through code - which I took advantage of and
peppered throughout my code!
- Steve Lord
Documentation & Support
Documentation for the product is available
for further support.
|The price of Secwin is $297. It is available for purchase from
|The upgrade (from earlier versions of Secwin) is
available for purchase for $147 from
For other payment options please contact us here
CapeSoft believes that if you aren't satisfied with our products, we would like them back - and we
will refund you the money. This allows you to purchase our products with confidence.
You can read our full refund policy here